news I Have a Wii
Thursday, November 30, 2006 - by Cameron
I got a Wii last Friday, and I know I should have posted this earlier but I have been busy with school. I wasn't able to spend the night in line on the 18th because two of my best friends were getting married and that was much more important to me. I have a friend that works for Toys"R"Us, as he was able to put one aside for me when the second shipment came in. I picked up Call of Duty 3, Red Steel, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, and of course Zelda. So what do I think of it so far? I am really enjoying it.

The controls didn't take that long for me to get a hang of, although Red Steel gave me considerable trouble in the beginning. Red Steel isn't anything special, but I have been having a lot of fun with it all the same, and I can't wait to try the multiplayer. Call of Duty 3 controls a bit better than Red Steel, but I haven't been having the same level of fun with it. Wii Sports is almost impossible to put down, especially if you have guests over. I didn't play Trauma Center on the DS so this is my first experience with the game. I like it, but there isn't enough explanations of the missions for me. Usually a little trial and error is need before I am total sure on what I need to do, and it is boarder line frustrating.

Zelda is... well it's Zelda so it is great. I am only about 2 hours in so i am going to hold off on any grand statement of best game ever until I have finished it. The Wii sensor bar is a lot smaller than I thought it would be, and was I was a bit worried it would be an eye soar. My batteries are still going strong, I would have preferred it was rechargeable but I am sure a 3rd party solution is in the works.

The Wii is not without its problems. $45 for a Wiimote and $25 for a nunchuk = $70, and thats a bit much as far as this gamer is concerned. Still I got an extra of both, I am sucker. When I took my Wii Online, which was incredibly easy, there is just the Store and Email, I am not all that impressed with the initial Virtual Console games, no demos and no Super Mario. Weak offing out of the gate, shame on you Nintendo. I was expecting the Opera bowser at the least. I don't care for the Wii Buddy number system, too many numbers. Not a single game has any online features. I still have hope for Wii going Online, but Nintendo has a lot to do if they want to compete with Sony and Microsoft.

I have an HDTV, but I can't find Component Cables anywhere. I am not the only person in this situation. I have been told that they should be available soon in stores, but I feel that this should have been available from launch. My local EB has a few things that are going to be instock any day now that might be Component cables, the computer want exactly clear with the description.

Despite these issues I am extremely happy with my Wii.

-Cameron
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home